Monday 4 June 2012

Herbed' Garlic Bread

 Making bread brings so much joy to me. Imagine waking up to aroma of bread baking in the oven. I cannot describe the feeling with my limited vocabulary in English.

The way I bake bread has changed tremendously after I bought Bernard Clayton´s book. As the book suggested , I started with the first loaf and was amazed at how great the bread turned out to be. I have used the recipe to make umpteen versions of the bread.

Today I have some Parsley and Rosemary lying around, so I made Herbed Garlic bread.


Ingredients:
flour : 1 1/2 to 2 cups
Yeast : 1 teaspoon
Sugar : 1/2 spoon
warm water : 1 cup
salt :1/2 teaspoon

Filling:
chopped parsley : 1 tablespoon
chopped rosemary : 1 tablespoon
crushed garlic : 1 tablespoon
butter : 1/2 tablespoon


Preparation:
Mix all the ingredients for the filling together with salt to taste.
Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water and keep aside for 10 mins. Add flour and salt to it, little by little, and knead so that it forms a soft dough. Keep the dough in a pan and leave it to rise in a warm place for about 2 hours.
When the dough has doubled in size, knead it once again to knock out the air, adding flour if needed.
Roll out the dough into a rectangular shape and spread the filling over it. Roll the rectangle from the shorter side, and place it in a greased bread loaf tin, with the seams underneath.
Keep it to rise for about 45 mins to 1 hour.
Bake at 220 degrees for 25 to 30 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest