Sunday 11 May 2014

Coconut Yogurt Cake


Trivandrum is my home. Everytime I am away, It calls me back to it´s green paddy fields and Coconut farms, enticing me with the aroma of Coconut based food. It wont be a lie, if I say that Coconut is in my blood and in my mind. Whenever I feel homesick the comfort food I crave for is  Coconut Chammanthi made with Coconut, chillies, ginger and lemon leaves served with brown rice. In fact, I can be far away from Kerala, but I can never be far from Coconut. Once a Malayali, always a Malayali :)

Here I try to add Coconut to a cake. Considering the fact that this photo was taken by a phone, it has turned out well. And the yellow Jasmine flowers are from my garden.



125 gm softened butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
half a cup of dessicated coconut
1 and a half cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup thick yoghurt

Heat oven to 180 degrees.
Beat butter and sugar in a bowl till light and fluffy. Beat in eggs.
Sift flour and baking powder together.
Fold in the flour, yogurt and coconut into the butter mixture.
Pour the batter into a greased and floured cake tin.
Bake for about 40 minutes.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest