Saturday 24 May 2014

Caramel Melon

Yellow Melon is sweeter and flavorsome than the pink one. I am not very keen on experimenting with Melon other than making the occasional smoothie or juice with lemon or orange zest. Some time back I watched a very famous English lady making a melon salad with chilies, onion and coriander leaves. I even saw her friends eating that and saying it was so yummy. But then you really cant be sure with English, since they never give their true opinion. They always say it is awesome for fear of upsetting the listener.
Anyway I tried her Melon Cilantro salad and trust me, it was awful. A lesson learned, Coriander and Melon doesn't go together !!
This time I had some yellow Melon and I wanted to try it with salted Caramel. A word of warning, though. Serve it immediately. If you keep it, the caramel will melt and sink into the Melon, forming a pool of watery Caramel around the Melon. But eaten immediately, it brings smiles.


To make this, Cut slices of the Melon. Melt sugar to make a Caramel. Pour over cut slices and sprinkle sea salt. Serve immediately and enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest