Saturday 10 May 2014

Grilled Corn Salad with Orange Soy dressing

Corn is one of my all time favorites. I can eat it anytime, anywhere.  Yesterday I bought the coloured Corn from the market and decided to make a grilled corn salad to go with the vegetable theme I have been following this week




I honestly believe and try to make people believe that food is at the best when very little is done to them. So I rubbed the Corn with some salt and grilled it till it charred. Why did I rub it with salt, I dont know. That is how I do it.



Just look at that, all that sweetness with the slight bitterness of the charred skin.

Then I chopped some Cucumber, Scallion and Tomatoes. I made a dressing with lemon juice, orange juice, a pinch of sugar, Olive oil and a Soy sauce.

When the Corn cooled down slightly, I chopped off the kernels and mixed it with the chopped vegetables. I also added some Amaranth leaves.



Heaped them on a plate and drizzled with the dressing.


Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest